Can Kale help eye health, does grapefruit fight fat and is xylitol good for your teeth?
Superfood is a widely used catch phrase, common on the internet and in the marketing of exotic and normally expensive fruits and vegetables. But just what exactly makes a food ‘SUPER’?
There are endless numbers of mixed and inaccurate messages being thrown around about food and dietary advice and on how to maintain a healthy body weight!
“Your clients trust and confide in you” personal trainers are often well placed to offer advice about nutrition. This workshop will outline your scope of practice as a fitness professional, some of the basic facts about Superfoods and provide you with a good understanding of the key elements about maintaining a healthy body weight. Themis will discuss:
- The truth about Superfoods
- Compare Superfoods to everyday foods
- Facts about Superfoods in relation to Health claims
- Food labels and serving sizes
- What is the Superfood Cycle and how does it impact on food sustainability.
- Treat yourself to an entertaining and relaxing afternoon with Themis Chryssidis and leave the Sprout kitchen with a heap of practical tips for you and your clients on eating a balanced, affordable and nutritious diet plus 2 CECs.
Themis Chryssidis is an accredited Practicing Dietician, Sports Dietician, Personal Trainer and in partnership with Sprout Cooking School Celebrity Chef Callum Hann.
Recreation SA Members please use the coupon code fpdns for a $22.00 member discount at checkout.