Do you have a passion for recreation and the outdoors and want to be part of a growing organisation?
Recreation SA is the peak body for recreation in South Australia.
Our vision is to increase the participation and profile of active recreation in South Australia and we are currently searching for a suitably qualified individual to fill the role of Trails Project Officer.
Reporting to the Executive Officer, the role is crucial in ensuring projects in the Trails & Outdoor recreation sectors are managed, contributing significantly to our development and growth plans.
Prime areas of responsibility include:
- Project development and driving achievement of outcomes arising from the 10 year Recreational Trails Master Plan
- Management of social media and website content relating to the Trails sector
- Administration support to the Trails Advisory Group, Trails Forum, and related sub committees.
The successful applicant will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Able to build and maintain relationships based on trust and respect
- Excellent knowledge of the trails and outdoor industry in South Australia
- Experience with managing and moderating social media and websites
- Able to think ahead and anticipate what is needed to achieve positive outcomes
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field
- Excellent administration skills and effective use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience and knowledge of not for profit and volunteer organizations.
A copy of the full position description can be found here: job-description-trails-v2-nov-2016.
If you have the necessary background and experience and are eligible to work in Australia, please forward your resume with a covering letter addressing the key requirements for the role to:
Recreation South Australia
Applications close: Monday 5 December 2016
If you have any further questions regarding the advertised vacancy, please contact Nick Takos on 0418 814 867.