Following a successful launch of the redeveloped Trails SA website on 3rd April, the site is now live and has already heading towards receiving 10 000 hits.
More trails are being added to the site on a daily basis and many suggestions for additional trails have been received through the contact form on the site. As information and content becomes available new and missing trails will be loaded up and appear on the site. Anthony is happy to accept content submissions including trail photos and track notes. Please contact him via email at email@example.com.
Hiking Expo - Opening of the Bushwalking Season
An expo to celebrate the start of the South Australian bushwalking season will be held on Sunday 23rd April 2017. With the arrival of cooler autumn weather, hiking is an ideal outdoor activity. South Australia's bushwalking clubs and Walking SA are coming together to celebrate the occasion with a unique day in Belair National Park.
The Expo will include the following:
- Expo of walking clubs, walking tour companies and outdoor retailers, free entry
- 13 Come-and-try bushwalks ranging from 30mins to 3 hours. Register on the day, free
- Several extended bushwalks by hiking clubs from further afield into the Expo
- Free vehicle entry to park on the day
Expo will be located near the Volunteer Centre, cnr The Valley Road and Saddle Hill Road. View location map.
- Expo from 9am to 1:30pm
- Come-and-Try Hikes from 9am, register from 8:30am onwards
- Park vehicle gates open 8am
- Official bushwalking season opening at 1pm
There will be a sausage sizzle, freshly cut sandwiches, baked goods, and tea & coffee provided by the Friends of Belair National Park. A coffee van will also be on site.
Find out more here.